Is dry mouth an indicator or oral thrush?

ENT Specialist
Question
I have had this dry mouth feeling in my mouth for awhile. I've read about thrush so I'm concerned even though I have not had any pain my toungue just feels rough is this thrush.
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is not a oral thrush .

Detailed Answer:
I have seen your tongue picture.
It is not a oral thrush . Your oral cavity looks dry & tongue rough which is a common side effect of psychiatrist drugs you are taking.
So please consult your psychiatrist about this side effect .
Hope this information helpful to you, take care and have a nice day.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Is dry mouth an indicator or oral thrush? 19 hours later
I have stopped taking my medicine because of the side affects. what other reason would my mouth be so dry. I have been drinking plenty of fluids.

Brief Answer:
Other reason for dry mouth is Sjogren's Syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up query.
I have seen your tongue pictures.
Your tongue looks dry but normal . Other reason for dry mouth is Sjogren's Syndrome common in female . It is autoimmune disorder present as dry mouth , dry eyes & joint pain.
If you are having dry eyes , joint pain with dry mouth , i will suggest you to investigate for Sjogren's Syndrome from your treating doctor.
Excess smoking also causes dry mouth.
For symptomatic relief , I would advice you artificial saliva spray with plenty of fluids .
Thanks.