Is dry cough and snoring with stents in heart a cause for concern?
Snoring has no direct effect on stent.But should not be ignored.
Welcome to HCM.
I have read your query and understand the concern.
Snoring has NO direct effect on stent implant but in some people it may cause early morning headache,high blood pressure,arrhythmia and some heart problems occasionally.
So,it is always better to be concerned rather than being ignorant.
It would be advisable to see an ENT specialist to figure out the probable causes of heavy snoring,so that further treatment option can be planned.
Dry cough might be a worrisome symptom especially in person who has just undergone angioplasty.
If coughing is severe and troublesome then it can increase the workload of heart,so it must NOT be taken lightly.
You can consult to your treating physician or cardiologist and ask him about a good cough suppressant preparation (like dextromethorphan and antihistamine combination) which can give symptomatic relief from dry coughing.
Mast cell stabilizers (montelukast) are also a good choice for dry cough.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?