• question-icon

Is dry blood in nostrils of children post head injury a cause for concern?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: my 3.5 years old daughter fell from the bed on the floor while sleeping.the floor has wooden tiles.im not sure if she fell on her head or how.she is fine now in the morning talking and has no pain.but I can see there is dry blood in her nostrils.should we get any test done.i am scared.please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Just consult with ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern and worry; I would suggest you that consult your daughter with ENT specialist to rule out the
1. Nasal bone fracture
2. Nasal septal deviation and
3. Nasal mucosal trauma.

I would also suggest cleaning the nostril and suctioning of the dried blood under the headlight by her ENT doctor and spray xylometazoline pediatric nasal drop two drops three times a day.

Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Hariom Sharma 2 hours later
Sir it's been 12 hrs since she fell.she is playing and behaving absolutely normal.hope there is no head injury involved and no need for any head scans?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need of CT scan Head

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
First sorry for some delay
I have gone through your follow up question; and I would like to assure that she is not suffering from the head injury. I would also suggest that no need of CT scan head.

Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist