Is doing masturbation frequently harmful and how to reduce frequency?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: Hello Doctor, I am 27 year old, I have been masturbating since I was 13. I still masturbate around 6-7 times almost daily. Is it harmful, My height is 5'11" weight 71 KG. not sexually active. Some times I feel I am addicted to masturbation but I am doing my daily task, office work, gym daily without fail. Amount of semen ejaculated for the first time of the day is more, but as I go for 5/6 th time it reduces, is that an issue? My penis size is around 6 inches and girth around 1. is it the normal size?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Size of your penis is normal. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been indulged in masturbation very frequently(6 times /day) since last 14 years. First of all there is myth in a mind of common man that excessive masturbation is the reason of all sexual problems But I would like to state that it has been discussed in scientific forums all over the world and proved scientifically that masturbation does not have any negative effect on any organ or system in the body.However addiction for masturbation or frequent masturbation over a short period of time may give rise to need for excessive stimulation to get erection and sexual satisfaction while having sex with female partner resulting in to sexual problems like flaccid erection and premature ejaculation. The normal volume of the semen is 3-5 ml and it takes 24 hours for testes to produce 3 ml of semen hence the amount of semen in successive masturbation is less compared to first one . Following measure will help you to reduce the frequency of masturbation . 1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning. 2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc 3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.. 4) Avoid alcohol and smoking. 5) Keep yourself engaged in some activities like reading,listening to music ,sports etc so that you will not have spare time for masturbation . Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.