Is dizzyness a side effect of taking antibiotics?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: 4 weeks ago I had surgery to remove melanoma. I ended up with 10 staples in my leg. I just got the staples out last week, and since then it has become infected, and very painful. My doctor prescribed Bactrin, and 3 days later, it's still infected. I went to Urgent Care and they gave me a shot of antibiotics.... that was 2 days ago. Since then, I've been getting really dizzy and have to lay down. Is this a sign that the infection is still in my body?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not a sign a common adverse effect

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Vertigo and dizziness are more of an adverse effect than a sign of an infection. Procedures and antibiotics are very likely to cause dizziness which self resolves.
Now the staple wound got a little infected. No worries.you already are on antibiotics. Keep the wound clean and dress it regularly.aplly bandages and bactrin on the wound. You will be good as new soon.
Take some antivert or any anti vertigo medication you can get over the counter.
You will be fine. Just relax.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX