question-icon

Is dizziness a symptom of shingles?

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: is dizziness a syptom of shingles
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Dizziness is not associated with shingles

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with dizziness. Shingles does not cause dizziness. It usually causes severe pain and hypersensitivity to touch with a rash on the skin. It can be extreme pain and difficult to control.

Dizziness has several causes and could be from low blood counts to internal ear problems to brain problems. Usually to diagnose dizziness problems it takes an complete examination, labs and imaging studies. For this you would need to see your medical provider

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Dr. Ronald Schubert