question-icon

Is difficulty in ejaculation worrisome in a 67 year old?

Posted on Wed, 3 Oct 2018
Question: I am an almost 67 year old male. I enjoy intercourse 1-2 times per week. While I am able to have an orgasm, I often notice a lack of ejaculate. Is this a problem?
Answered by Dr. Soujanya (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:

My suggestion.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query in detail and understand your concern towards your ejaculation problem.

As it is nothing to worry , which is very common at this age.

As ageing occurs, men's penis needs more stimulation to trigger ejaculation. Ageing also weakens the pelvic floor muscles, so which results in ejaculation difficulty.

Even medical conditions like diabetes, and intake of antidepressants may cause these problems. Do you have any medical conditions or treatment for any problem?

So consult your doctor and get rule out all organic conditions.

You can practice kegel exercises, need to focus more on fantasies, breath deeply, and use some lubricants to avoid the problem.

Hope this information would help you.

Dr. Soujanya, Psychiatrist

Dr. Soujanya

Psychiatrist