Is difference in size of pupils of an infant a concern?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: I have a two month old baby who i have noticed a difference in size of her pupils. Should i be concerned? She also is running a temp of 99.4, drooling and very fussy more than usual
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get your child examined by a Pediatrician.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Difference in pupils size may be related to different light angles, but also, if the ligh is correct and equal in both eyes, it may indicate brain and/or optic nerve damage by infection for example.

Drooling is a usual feature in toddler, fuzziness may also be related to brain involvement.

It is necessary for your child to be examined by his Pediatrician in order to understand better your child's condition.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 3 minutes later
Is this something i should be concerned about?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get your child medically evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

I don't think you need to be worried much more than necessary, however, an evaluation by a Pediatrician is necessary.

Hope I helped you.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad