Is diarrhea best treated with Dicyclomine sulfate, Hyoscyamine or Diphenoxylate?

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am having diarhea...I have some dicylomine sulfate, hyocylamine, and diphenoxylate -stropine Which one should I take?
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Diphenoxylate

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,
Diarrhea is a normal reaction of your body towards infectious agents or food poisoning. It is recommended to not take any anti-diarrheal drug before 4-5 times of diarrhea, because the body wants to cleanse itself, nad the drug can stop it and keep the virus/bacteria/toxin inside the gastro-intestinal tract, and thus endanger more your health. It is recommended to intake as many fluids as possible, as to not be in danger of dehydration.
But if you have had diarrhea more than 4 times per day, than you need to take Diphenoxylate 5mg. Do not excede more than 20mg per day.
Wish you good health,
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Eni