Is dental clearance letter required before a renal transplantation surgery?
It is routine protocol to take Dental clearance for anesthesia.
Thanks for query .Base on the facts that you have posted been scheduled for kidney transplant and have been asked for Dental Clearance .
It is a routine protocol to have dental clearance whenever any surgery is to be done under General Anesthesia in order to avoid accident of any tooth going in to respiratory passage while putting endotrachial tube .
There is no specific reason to ask for dental clearance .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Costophrenic anle renal transplant
- Amoxicillin after renal transplantation
- Will lasix treat renal transplant?
- Renal transplant mirena
- Augmentin and renal transplant
- Monocytosis in renal transplant patients
- Ultrasound of renal artery transplant
- Renal transplant doppler radiographics
- Serratiopeptidase in renal transplant
- Zyrtec renal transplant patients