question-icon

Is dental clearance letter required before a renal transplantation surgery?

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016
Question: Why is dental clearance needed before kidney transplant??
Answered by Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (23 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It is routine protocol to take Dental clearance for anesthesia.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .Base on the facts that you have posted been scheduled for kidney transplant and have been asked for Dental Clearance .

It is a routine protocol to have dental clearance whenever any surgery is to be done under General Anesthesia in order to avoid accident of any tooth going in to respiratory passage while putting endotrachial tube .

There is no specific reason to ask for dental clearance .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist