Is delaying scan test date during pregnancy safe?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello Doctor, I am 33 years old and seven weeks and five days pregnant. My early pregnancy scan date is due this week. Can I get it done after 8 days or in the 9th week beginning? Is this ok to postpone it??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is OK.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
If you want to postpone your scan date than you can ,it is not a big issue.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
Hello again Doctor, every night while sleeping my body temperature rises a lot and i feel dehydrated and i feel so hot that i have to de-cover myself and get up and drink water. I have not measured it but its like 99-100 degree. I actually do not feel other symptoms of fever but only the high body temperature. Is it one of the pregnancy symptom or something else?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes. It is due to pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The raised body temperature is one of the signs of pregnancy. It happens due to raised levels of progesterone in the body.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.