Ask a Dentist   »  

Is delayed teething process in a 13-month-old baby a concern?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - July 2014
July 2014

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Question
My youngest daughter is now 13 months old but no teeth have come yet.
Not even a sign of Gums sprouting. Is it common or should I be concerned ?
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry, wait for 3 to 6months

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query . I have gone through your query.
As far as the milk teeth eruption is concerned, it starts usually by the age of 6 months to 1 year. It can be delayed upto 1 and half year also. Nothing worry as such. You can wait for another 3 to 6 months and then consult a pedodontist and get it evaluated if teeth fails to erupt even after 6months. Radiographs can be taken to confirm the status of the teeth present inside the bone.
I hope I have answered your query. if you have any queries reply me back. Takecare.