Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Is delayed periods post unprotected sex a sign of pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
hi, i am 21 and i had unprotected sex with my husband. and this month my menstrual cycle is delayed a week...we dont want to have baby now...can you tell me what to do now...
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 17 minutes later

See in a fertile lady unprotected relations and missed period in most of cases unless proved otherwise means pregnancy.

First of all as you said your periods were regular earlier, go for an urine pregnancy test which can be carried out even at home or you can any visit any laboratory in your area and get it done.

If the test is positive it indicates that you are pregnant. Now as you say you do not want to continue there pills available that can lead to abortion successfully in most of the cases. But in some cases some additional measures are also required with help of gynecologist. But this comes later. This pills needs to taken under guidance of a doctor so that if at all some minor aliments occur during it,that can be easily taken care of. Please do not try anything that is suggested by peers or chemists directly.

First get the pregnancy test done. And hope for the best. If it comes negative by your fortune then you can wait for some days more for periods to come.

So just relax get it done. Please feel free to ask if you some queries left out. I will be glad to answer then, have a great day and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor