Is delayed period symptom of pregnancy?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: we and my boy friend had protected sex on 22rd XXXXXXX my last date of periods is 15th of XXXXXXX and on 8th done UPT and it negative after 5 days on 13th done Beta HCG and got 1.2 also negative and not sure about my periods cycle and till not got my periods ,is iam pregnant ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not pregnant

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) You are not pregnant.

2) Your cycles are delayed.

3) Delay could be due to stress, change in physical activity etc..

4) Dont worry about pregnancy and wait for periods to occur naturally.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
as this is our first time he felt that condom may be leaked but he told 99% it not broken and how long time it may take to show Beta HCG in blood ? 15th is last date of my periods and ovulation date may be at 29th to 3rd and i tested beta HCG at 13th of this month will this 10days if enough for beta HCG to have negative result or should i take another beta hcg test in 3-4 days ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
No need

Detailed Answer:

By your dates and reports you are not pregnant.

Just wait for a week by which time you should get your cycles.