Is delayed period normal despite taking Duphaston?
I do have a problem, actually two.
1- i am really bloated on the upper side of my stomach, Just under my breasts and it hurts a lot when i eat.
(after eating a meal, not a snack)
2- My gyneco told me to take the DUPHASTON again for 5 days post 15 days of the first forced-period day. and i did. I still didnt get my period and its been 9 days since i stopped the duphaston. Is that normal?
Thank you for your help.
Can be due to hormonal changes.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The bloating on the upper side of the abdomen that you have can be due to gastritis and indigestion. The bloating can be related to the delayed period also.
The absence of period after stopping Duphaston can be due to hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, thyroid imbalance anxiety, stress etc.
I believe that you should get your periods soon. If at all it doesn't, then you should see your doctor. Some blood tests to test for hormonal imbalance that is causing irregular periods is perhaps entailed.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
I already say a gyneco and did all blood tests and hormonal imbalances test
It is all mentioned including the results in my first question adressed to your group a month ago
Can you have an access on that or shall i debrief you again?
The results are normal.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen all the previous reports. It is good that all the blood tests are normal. In addition to this you need to have an ultrasound scan also to rule out polycystic ovaries. Duphaston itself can cause a delay in periods sometimes. Since the periods have not started it is best to start with combined oral contraceptive pills after getting urine test for pregnancy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to take duphaston pill to delay period
- Why periods doesnt come despite taking duphaston
- Duphaston tablets delay period
- 1 day delay period after taking duphaston
- Taking duphaston for 10 days delayed periods?
- Delayed periods due to duphaston
- Missed period taking duphaston reason for delay
- Is it safe to take duphaston to delay periods
- 3 months delayed period take duphaston
- If take duphaston only for 5 days for delayed period
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...