Is delayed period even after taking I-pill a sign of pregnancy?

Question
Hello doctor as i discussed with you last month that i have unprotected sex (13 july)with bf and after that i took i pill(14 july) within 24 hrs and and i got light bleeding with abdomen pain on 16th july and it lasts for 7 days upton23rd july . And today is 6 august and didnt get my periods .so please told me when i got my period.....? Is there any risk of pregnancy?? Please help
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for your periods.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The risk of pregnancy is not there as you took I-pill within 24 hours of unprotected sex.
The delay in routine period is also expected due to the side effect of the I-puill that you have taken. Do test your urine for pregnancy to rule out pregnancy again. It is best to wait for another week for your periods to start on their own.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal