question-icon

Is delayed menstruation a symptom of pregnancy?

Posted on Fri, 29 Jul 2016
Question: Hi I have a question so I had an IUI done, so I did the pregnancy test it was negative, but my period hasent come in 2 days, wich I find it kind off wierd bc this my third iui and my period came 1 day before, and I'm regular when my period comes I'm EXACTLY on time. what is it. Am I pregnant or is to early to detect that I'm pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain (50 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Repeat test after 2 days

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome to HCM. Ghanks for writing in to is with your health query. I understand your concerns completely. there can be chances of false negetive test very initially in some cases . I would advise you to repeat a morning sample urine pregnancy test after 2 days. if you want earlier results then you can serum beta HCG test . please stay calm till then , I know there is lot of anxiety during this phase. I wish you all the best, in case you have any other query please feel free to discuss. regards Dr Manisha Jain.
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN