Is delayed menstruation a sign of pregnancy?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Sat, 7 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi..on 17th Aug I got my periods .one day after completion of my periods ie on 6th day I had unprotected sex without precaution but he didn't ejaculate inside...next month ie Sept I got very less flow ie also for 3days.....i consulted gynaecologist both urine and blood tests were negative...my due date is 18th but this month also I have not got my periods

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Delayed period could be due to some other cause

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Hi
I can understand your concern.
Since you had unprotected sex during the SAFE period (i.e., one day after completing the period) the chances of pregnancy are almost negligible and hence both the blood as well as the urine pregnancy tests were NEGATIVE.

There could be other reasons for the delayed period like hormonal imbalance, stress, emotional upset, infection or certain medical illness.

I, therefore advise you to consult the gynecologist to rule out other causes and to induce the bleeding.
Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 2 hours later
thank u sir..

sir today i got lose motion...It is related to my periods....????
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no relation between period and loose motions.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Hi
Thanks for your compliments and the reply.
There is no relation between the period and the loose motions.
Loose motions could be due to indigestion or infection.
Hope this answers your query.
Best regards.
If you do not have any follow up query, kindly rate the answers before closing the discussion.