question-icon

Is danstop-k safe to take for hair loss?

Posted on Tue, 15 Jul 2014
Question: Hi. I'm 26 years. I consulted a dermatologist regarding my hair loss problem. I was suggested to use Danstop- K apex, NIXDIL FORTE SOLUTION and Neetin Plus tablets. Could you please advice me if I can take these prescription? As I'm scared of side effects and allergies.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hair loss

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic,
Yes, you may take these medications. Danstop-K is a good shampoo for dandruff. Neetin plus tablets contain nutritional supplements for hair and has no side effects. I usually recommend supplements for 3 months. Noxidil forte solution contains minoxidil 5 % solution and it is an US-FDA approved treatment for androgenetic alopecia. Do not worry about any side effects, rarely itching and head ache occurs, in that case you may approach your doctor, he will be able to solve the problem with a different formulation. Only thing I want to reinforce is that minoxidil solution has to be continued life long. You have to be patient as it takes at least 3 months to see any improvement.
Hope I have answered your query,
Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist