Is creatinine level of 1.0 in blood test report a concern?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I had blood work yesterday and had a creatinine level of 1.0 and blood urea nitrogen of 24 (im usually in the high teens). Im a 41 year old male. Is this ratio alarming? I had six alcoholic beverages the evening before and at the time was probably at around 1 L of water on the day plus .75 L of Gatorade but hadnt had much water in the two hours leading up the blood being drawn.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Alcohol effect, no worries, modify diet lifestyle, restrict alcohol intake

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Creatinine is fine and blood urea nitrogen levels are slightly higher that too due to last night alcohol intake , all you need is stay a bit hydrated and avoid alcohol in excess and every thing will be alright. Its not an alarming situation and need not any consult. Just modify diet and lifestyle and control intake of alcohol. Its slight dehydration leading to slightly raised BUN levels, nothing to be worried about, just supportive care would be enough.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan