Is consumption of soy milk safe?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I switched from drinking milk to drinking soy milk for 2 month now after I have read articles that milk after a certain age is unhealthy and causes mucus in the body which cause cancer cells and the adult body doesn't need the calcium anymore. I needed another healthy drink to mix my whey protein with so I chose soy milk as it has more protein. Recently I read many articles about how bad soy milk is for men as it increases the female hermon in men causing bad XXXXXXX effects like breastfeeding enlargement and loosing sextual desire. I need a professional advice from a doctor about this. Should I mix my whey protein with soy or normal milk? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
i amshocked

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
I am sorry to say but you are the most misguided person I have ever met.
Burn those articles you read. They are no less than a blasphemy.
Who told you milk causes cancer and is not needed after some age.
Who told you human body does not need calcium any more.
Soy milk is perfectly Safe and an alternative to people who can't digest normal milk.isncommonly used for lactose intolerance.soy itself has uses like for menopause, increasing bone mineral density , hyperlipidemias, hot flashes of menopause and reducing risks for developing breast cancer.
There are no such adverse effects like female hormones predominance or breast enlargement they are just a propaganda.
Constipation nausea and bloating are some of its adverse effects if used excessively like any other milk and allergic reactions in some cases.
Don't get your self in trouble by reading such crap.use authenticated self education portals only like web md. Etc.
I hope you see it in a right perspective. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
So just as confirmation, soy does not raise estrogen levels ?
If you type in google "is soy good for men" you will all articles saying bad things sbout soy and estrogen. About the milk and mucus that was just 1 article and it felt wrong so thats why i am asking you. Thank you for your answer. Please confirm that there is no estrogen problem when i consum soy milk.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Trust me on this

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
If this had been true all lactose intolerant and galacrosemic people w I Uldale have boobs bigger than women.have you seen any? I am sure none.if so then trust me and avoid go ogling for your health. Google is not a doctor. What appears in the first page is just a good Seo not good stuff. Do as directed and comply.
Take care . don't forget to close the discussion please.
Regards XXXXXXX