Is consumption of protein powders harmful to kidneys?
My weight 83kg and 33 yea
Is it safe to take or harm for kidney
take natural proteins
Dear XXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.
I share your concerns about kidney damage and protein intake. At your age a healthy person requires 60 to 70 mg of proteins. If you consume more than that it is likely to cause obesity and interference in kidneys functioning. So if your overall protein intake is within this limit, no need to worry about it.
However as a practising doctor I would advise you to take natural proteins like pulses, milk and milk products, eggs and meat. Natural proteins are always better than powdered products. Powdered products contain preservatives, high concentration of protein which can harm the health.
I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for follow up queries. I wish you good health and good body. Kindly rate this reply. Thanks
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Protein powder and kidney disease
- Amway protein powder is good for kidney stone
- Is consumption of endura mass and nutrigain protein powder safe
- Nutrilite protein powder dangers
- Over consumption of protein
- Nitrilite protein powder and kidney problems
- C reactive protein and nutrilite protein powder
- Sulper protein amway protein powder
- Nutrilite protein powder for kidney stones
- Nutrilite protein powder and kidney problems
- Can taking magnesium lead to diarrhoea?
- What causes elevated SGPT levels?
- What is the dosage of Sotalol in adult patients with normal renal function?
- Suggest treatment for scrotal fixation in the management of low...
- Suggest treatment for diplopia, burning sensation in esophagus and...
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and hypothyroidism
- What causes GERD and hiatal hernia?
- What causes raw looking tongue in infants?
- Suggest remedy for itching in the urethra and pain during urination
- Suggest treatment for mottled skin on the stomach