• question-icon

Is consuming 180 grams of protein per day safe?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Doctor I eat every day 6 meals aday high in protein I eat 180 gram protein a day is that much protein can harm my health please suggest me?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
0.8 Gm per kilogram of body weight

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but it is recommended that you eat 0.8 gram of protein for every kilogram of your weight.. increased protein intake beyond that level over a long period of time could lead to kidney strain and osteoporosis .. I hope I answered your question. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 13 minutes later
I am taking Bcaa and whey protein for a long time is that effects on my overall health in a long run?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, yes long term use may lead to renal impairement and neuromuscular discoordination. Ihope you find this helpful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 31 minutes later
Doctor please tell me that we get all of the micro nutrients we need in a day we get from the single pill of multivitamins and if I deficit in some of the vitamins and minerals so what is the permanent solution for this please I kindly request you to explain me this concept in detail so I understand this concept and it will benefit me in future
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
One tablet daily

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, it is recommended that you get a blood test for vitamin levels before taking a multivitamin supplement as many of these vitamins and minerals are present in daily food intake.. however , the recommended dose will be one tablet daily or three times per week .. I hope you find this helpful
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman