Is constant nausea and bloated stomach related to pancreatic problems?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: after blood tests, colonoscopy, endoscopy and abdominal cat scan, I still have constant nausea to the left of my sternum but more to the left just at the rib. I get bloated every night even after eating different foods. doctors say they are at a lose, but I understand that pancreatic problems can go undetected even with all the tests. do I have a pancreatic problem? My SED test came back in normal range. should I be worried.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

It's highly unlikely that the cause of symptoms is Pancreatic issue in the presence of Normal CAT scan of abdomen. Even Minor Pancreatitis or other issue with Pancreas can be detected in cat scan.
As most of your investigation are normal there is no cause for concern. The cause is likely to be due to delayed gastric emptying causing bloating sensation. Empirical treatment with Gastric Prokinetic drug like domperidone will be useful.

Do take good care
Wishing you great health.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad