Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

190 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Is constant feeling of dampness around the anus normal?

Answered by
Dr. Ramesh Kumar


Practicing since :1986

Answered : 2199 Questions

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Is it normal to have some amount of moistness in anus
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fissure have changed into possible fistula.

Detailed Answer:


Thanks for posting your query.

As per previous discussion you are having anal fissure. If left untreated these fissures changes into fistula. A fistula is a connection between external skin and anal glands. These anal glands produce mucous and other secretions which may through these leaky channels may diffuse outside causing moistening around anus.

This could be suggestive of bacterial infection also.
Therefore, I would suggest you to use a anti fungal and anti bacterial ointment locally over the area and to keep that area dry other wise itching etc., would start in a few days due to fungal infection.

You should go for a MRI scan to track the path of fistula and there after surgery could be performed as per requirement.

Please feel free to follow up.

Hope I was helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 27 minutes later
some days before it felt like something is coming from anus , from the same area where fissure when I put my finger in anus it felt wet but surface of anus was not wet I had oflox tz it is less , water coming out sensation is not there
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Response to Oflox Tz shows that there is bacterial infection or protozoal infection.

Detailed Answer:


Thanks for follow up.

It can be pus. As the amount of fluid responded to taking antibiotic it could be pus also.

You should take proper treatment as these sites acts as a source of infection and may cause sepsis or may even cause patient to land up in septic shock.

I would suggest you to start a course of broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime and to get a MRI done and go for surgery.

You should not take these things lightly because normal infection can even lead to septic shock.

I hope this answers your query.

Take care.

Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on