Is conception possible post a partial hysterectomy?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: i had a partial hysterectomy-no uterus, i have everything else. i know the risk and i want to get pregnant. been with husband for 10 years. what do i need to say to my gynocologist. willing to do whatever it takes to carry a baby.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explanation is given below...

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

I have read your question and understand your concern.

Partial hysterectomy is a surgical removed of uterus but ovaries are intact.
Hence you need a surrogate mother to keep your baby because you haven't possible .

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further discussion.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 11 minutes later
not possible , i want to carry a baby myself. is there any possibilities i can? willing to do anything.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are no chances to carry a baby by yourself

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!

There are no chances to carry a baby by yourself because you haven't uterus .
Uterus serves to contain baby inside .

Hence there is the only choose ,surrogate mother.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj