Is colonoscopy required as per the attached reports?
Her report showed trace of occult blood for all 3day
Mucous : absent XXXXXXX blood : absent
Occult blood :trace
Parasite : absent
Reducing substance :absent
(Day 1) Epithelial cell :0-1/hpf
(Day 2)1-2 /hpf
(Day 3) 0-1/hpf
(Day 1) 2-3 /hpf
(Day 2) 1-2 /hpf
(Day 3) 1-2/ hpf
Erythrocytes :0-1/hpf (all 3 days same)
Undigested starch :absent
Concentration method:ova or cysts not seen
Kindly advice if should get her colonoscopy done
colonoscopy would be of help to evaluate intestinal part for occult blood.
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* There are many reasons for occult blood in stool which may include various
intestine conditions as well as systemic issues .
* Definitely colonoscopy would be of great help to evaluate the intestinal part .
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .
1. Age , current symptoms suffered by her .
2. Past evaluation in terms of coagulation profile if available .
3. Any medications at present as blood thinners or else .
Awaiting for your response .
Blood test (cbc, liverprofiel,sugar pre and post,urine )were done on 14 sept
Stoo.test on 17/18/19 Sept
Redone cbc on 22 Sept
Require evaluation of the coagulation profile.
Welcome back dear,
Thanks for the details, I have gone through all your attachments of reports.
* Platelet counts are low, Bilirubin level is high with occult blood in stool; require
evaluation with coagulation profile of bleeding, clotting and prothrombin time
In the laboratory.
* This seems more of a systemic issue than intestine pathology.
Hope this will help you.
Wishing her a quick recovery.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Colonoscopy eating requirements
- Constipation bloating colonoscopy report normal history of bypass surgery advice
- Colonoscopy biopsy done what are the findings in the report
- Stomach pain colonoscopy report normal nauseous lump in chest
- Want second opinion on colonoscopy report and ct scan report
- Why edg and colonoscopy is required for anaemia
- Does colonoscopy require drugs
- Colonoscopy bruising
- Had colonoscopy done yesterday what does the report suggest
- Colonoscopy done is the report normal
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools