Is circumcision effective at treating a tight foreskin?
Kindly complete your query
Thanks for your query.
Circumcision is a minor surgical procedure.
Your query is not clear. Do you want to get circumcision done or you want to reverse it? Kindly post the complete query so that I can better help you.
Can be reversed by skin graft
Reversal can be done by skin grafting by a surgeon. The end results of reversal are not completely satisfying.
Is there any specific reason to reverse it?
Please feel free to discuss any doubts.
You want to get circumcision done
As per your description, you have tight foreskin also called as phimosis. If its causing you problems during urination or sexual intercourse then it can be removed by the process of circumcision. Surgery is not necessary if it doesnot cause symptoms like redness or swelling or glans or discharge under the foreskin.
Circumcision is the surgery that removes the part or whole of foreskin (the loose tissue) covering the glans of the penis.
You can visit any reputed general surgeon for this purpose.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
There is not much of problem
Mostly there is no problem after circumcision.
After the foreskin is removed, some small problems can happen for sometime. There might be some bleeding during and after surgery. You will be able to resume normal life activities after surgery but strenuous exercise is avoided till 2 weeks and sexual intercourse is avoided till six weeks.
Most men can have some discomfort during night erections. For some men, glans may be sensitive for many weeks after surgery. The sensitivity decreases with time.
Circumcision doesnot affect sexual function or satisfaction.
Hope it answers your doubt.
No need to hospitalise
there is no need to hospitalise after this surgery. It is a minor and OPD type of procedure.
Cost varies in hospitals. In government hospitals it can be a few thousand rupees. In private hospitals it can vary from 10000 to 50000 rupees. You will need to research a little to find the right hospital for you. Better to visit the hospitals near your home.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have tight foreskin of penis any alternative for circumcision
- How to treat friction burns on foreskin circumcised
- Pull down foreskin after circumcision
- Dried foreskin circumcised toothpaste
- Vitiligo foreskin circumcision
- Foreskin removal after circumcision toddler
- Cbt foreskin circumcision
- Foreskin of penis is tight should i go for circumcision
- If the foreskin is loose is circumcision required
- Foreskin turned white tight circumcision
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...