Is chlamydia contagious after taking Zithromax?
After 7 days of antibiotic chlamydia no longer transmitting
Oral sex can transmit chlamydia from infected person to non infected.
Similarly, it takes a week post-treatment for chlamydia to stop transmitting. That means 1000mg of Zithromax would kill chlamydia numbers to a level less than inoculation level.
So I suggest not to participate in the intercourse for another 3 days.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Damaged urethra after chlamydia
- After taking antibiotics for chlamydia
- After taking azithromycin for chlamydia
- Smoke weed taking chlamydia
- Vomited after taking medicine for chlamydia will the medication work
- Weed smoke and zithromax chlamydia
- After being treated for chlamydia
- Itching after taking antibiotics for chlamydia
- How to take chlamydia swab
- How long is chlamydia contagious