question-icon

Is chest pain on the left-side of the body indicative of heart issues?

Posted on Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Question: Hello,

Would left sided chest pain (semi-localized) be a sign of a heart problem, even though ive had multiple EKGs, a stress test, blood work, and a chest xray?

Ive seen a cardiologist and he said that my heart is just a little thicker but that could be remedied with weight loss. Other than that, its fine he says. But when i have these chest pains, i often worry that its cardiac. Ive also had an endoscopy and the doctor didnt see reflux but ive had gastric issues for a while.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear

After reading the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that as all your basic cardiac tests were normal so the possibility of having a heart disease is almost impossible.

Kindly upload your ecg and echo reports for me to review them and advise you accordingly. Also I would like to know that dp you smoke or not?

Kindly revert back with required information.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap (3 days later)
I will upload the EKG here in a moment, i need to make sure that i have the current one first.

If i can ask something unrelated, can an MRI (with and without contrast) and/or a CT see inside of the intestines/bowel?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Your ecg is still not uploaded.

Yes both can analyse the bowels. But MRI is usually more useful in case of soft tissue.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist