Is chest pain on the left-side of the body indicative of heart issues?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello,

Would left sided chest pain (semi-localized) be a sign of a heart problem, even though ive had multiple EKGs, a stress test, blood work, and a chest xray?

Ive seen a cardiologist and he said that my heart is just a little thicker but that could be remedied with weight loss. Other than that, its fine he says. But when i have these chest pains, i often worry that its cardiac. Ive also had an endoscopy and the doctor didnt see reflux but ive had gastric issues for a while.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear

After reading the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that as all your basic cardiac tests were normal so the possibility of having a heart disease is almost impossible.

Kindly upload your ecg and echo reports for me to review them and advise you accordingly. Also I would like to know that dp you smoke or not?

Kindly revert back with required information.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 days later
I will upload the EKG here in a moment, i need to make sure that i have the current one first.

If i can ask something unrelated, can an MRI (with and without contrast) and/or a CT see inside of the intestines/bowel?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Your ecg is still not uploaded.

Yes both can analyse the bowels. But MRI is usually more useful in case of soft tissue.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap