Is cervical cancer possible after undergoing an hysterectomy?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Once you had popsmear , do you have to do again? After you have hysterectomy surgery, can you get a chance of cancer ?
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
If you have had a hysterectomy alone then you may still have chances of ovarian cancer and vaginal vault/ vaginal cancer, and hence vault smear and ultrasound pelvis in your case should be undertaken every 6 months.
If negative in 2 smears for 6 months each, then frequency can be changed to yearly.
regards
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 7 minutes later
I am saying about cervical cancer
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
I believe , if partial or subtotal hysterectomy has been performed and cervical stump is left intact, then there is a chance of cervical cancer as well if you have a familial history as well. In that case pap smear would be mandatory at your age 6 monthly for 2 years and then if negative, yearly for next 2 years.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 3 minutes later
The attachment below lab work
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
the report shows a malignant cervical tumour. You should be visiting a gyne-oncologist for further treatment.
regards
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist