Is calcium supplement safe for children?
There is an other small issue about her having frothy poop most of the times now and then, her poop is still semi liquid type. I am wondering how her poop should normally look like (something like a toothpaste or more harder). I am a first time parent and you would agree that every small detail causes jitters.
Its not harmful
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
Calcium is not harmful for babies unless given in high doses for long periods.
The dose your pediatrician has advised is very well within normal daily requirements.
But I usually advise only vitamin d3 DROPS at 1 ml once daily for 6 months . Routine calcium supplements are not needed for a healthy term baby.
Regarding your second query, frothy stools are normal in breastfed infant. The loose consistency will change soon in a few weeks.
No treatment is required.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Calcium supplements before colonoscopy
- Is it safe to take calcium supplements daily for women
- Lisinopril and calcium supplement
- Best calcium supplement for women
- Are calcium supplements safe
- Calcimax 500 as calcium supplement
- Newborn baby calcium supplement?
- Calcium supplements for babies
- Shelcal calcium supplements doase
- Will calcium supplements cause artery