Is calcium sandoz safe to have for kids age 5 yrs?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: Doctor,
How good and safe is calcium sandoz for kids age 5 yrs?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Additional Calcium supplement not required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear MrXXXXX

Child of 5 years old who is adequately exposed to sunlight and is consumes sufficient milk , does not require additional Calcium supplement.
Excessive loading with Calcium supplement is one of the contributing factor for Constipation.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 15 minutes later
The some small white light patches on face is due to low calcium? Does some time on hands we get small boils due to less calcium?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is Pityriasis XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings

The small white patches on the face is Pityriasis XXXXXXX and is unrelated to calcium deficiency.
It does have relationship with worm infestation of intestine.
De worming the child will be helpful.

Best regards
Dr Deepak