Is burping necessary for the baby after breastfeeding?
Proper burping is important
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Let me emphasize the fact that breast milk is the best possible milk for a baby and there can be no alternatives for the same.
It is really good to know that you are breastfeeding your baby. The problem seems to be with burping. You should burp the baby for at least 15-20 mins after each feed.
All you need to do is to hold the baby head end elevated for this duration. The extra air is taken causes distention and hence colics.
Proper burping will ensure its escape and the milk will not regurgitate back from the stomach to the food pipe, thus providing relief.
Otherwise, it is normal and not a cause for concern.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lactose intolerant baby and breastfeeding
- Why is baby still hungry after breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and alcohol effects on baby
- Wrinkled areola after breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and teething baby
- Why is my baby vomiting after breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding after deworming
- Burping baby after breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding diet for colic baby
- Breastfeeding baby playing with nipple
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever