Is burning urination needs attention?
Yes, you should see your doctor, but I am concerned about your symptoms and wondering if the benefits to risks of going in to the urgent care might be worth it.
Pain with urination is usually due to a bladder infection, particularly if it just started. It can be from other things as well, such as stones, and from urethritis from decreased estrogen and from superficial infections.
In young women who are not pregnant, it is usually safe to try to get over a bladder infection without an antibiotic, but if there is any flank pain, nausea, or fever, then there is no choice as the bacteria has gone up into the kidneys.
As we get older, there is more risk of complications if a bladder infection is untreated.
You can use over the counter AZO for pain, but if it gets worse in any way, you must go in to be seen now. Also, many people find benefit from cranberry juice (without the sugar) or capsules/powder.
If you go in to the urgent care, I have 2 recommendations:
1. Ask at registration to be seen by a real physician, not a physician's assistant (PA) or nurse practitioner (NP).
2. Don't touch your eyes,nose, or mouth until after you have come back home and thoroughly (at least 1 minute) washed your hands. Also, wipe your phone or other things you may have used while you were out, with alcohol. I am suggesting these precautions because influenza is going around and you don't want to pick it up. Main way you can get it there is by touching a surface (pen, clip board, arm of chair, exam table, magazine, door handle,etc) and then touching your eyes or nose.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urination bloating burning urination what is going on
- Cloudy urine and burn when urinate
- Burning urine with smelly urine
- Obstruction in penis burning urination urge to urinate
- Frequent urination burning urination blood in urine pregnancy or infection
- Burning urination blood in urine frequent urination what is wrong
- Burning urination slow urine stream urine analysis usg normal cure
- Stinky urine burning urination
- Cloudy urine, burning with urination after protected sex
- Frequent urination burning urination dry mouth after urinating any ideas