Is bumps on the vagina be caused by STD?

Question
Hi I noticed these bumps on my vagina after a casual sexual encounter. I am convinced this is an std. Can't you tell me which one this would most likely be? I have attached three pictures. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not STD likely sebaceous cyst

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for query.

The description like duration, symptoms, partner history, other symptoms etc is incomplete.
I have gone through the description and 3 pictures attached with this query. Though the pictures do not give the real clarity, it appears that this has been there for some time atleast and is not acute onset.

I do not see any multiple or grouped lesions to suggest herpes. It does not seem to be molluscum either since they will be umbilicated in the centre and pearly white.

Assuming that there are no symptoms like pain or itching and it is there for some time it may be due to sebaceous cyst or any other cyst.

It goes more in favor of sebaceous cyst as it appears small and is not deeper. These are common in labia. They many times subside on their own. Other Cysts will be larger and will be deeper.

Main important thing is to keep the area clean. Wash with warm water atleast twice daily. See that there is no irritation or friction.

If these persists then you may need to get it removed surgically which is a minor day care procedure and you need not worry.

Allay the fears of STD.

You can get back to me with more details if you need any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti

Follow-up: Is bumps on the vagina be caused by STD? 25 minutes later
Is it possible this could be a HPV wart?
This bump is painless and has been there for two months. It causes no irritation

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not due to wart.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for follow up query.

It is unlikely to be due to wart. It has a smooth appearance, appears to be more cystic than a rough appearance.

Symptomless and non itchy, non burning lesion rules out herpes. The more possibility is sebaceous cyst.

You can get back to me for any clarifications else please close the discussion and rate.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh