Is breast tenderness an early sign of pregnancy?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I usually have breast tenderness at least a week before period. This month I have not had breast tenderness. My period is due on XXXXXXX 4th and my cycle is usually 31-34 days long. why dont they hurt? what is going on? sign of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
Breast tenderness can be a symptom of premenstrual syndrome but its absent does not indicate that you are pregnant.
So before giving my opinion I want to ask a few questions from you.
Are you having unprotected sex?
Have you any other symptoms of pregnancy?
Please revert back to me with my answers.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 18 minutes later
I have not have sex yet I do fool around but with boyfriend but we use 3-4 baggies when we do so but i am still virgin. The only symptoms i have is slight cramps and fuller breast that dont hurt. I get these symptoms usually i am jsut missing the tenderness this month
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to hormonal disturbance.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Sorry for the delay in my response.
I have gone through your symptoms and in my opinion it can be due to hormonal imbalance, the chances of pregnancy are not there in your case.
So you should not be worried and wait for your menses.
Hope it is useful.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN