Is breast tenderness a symptom of menstruation?

Dr. Jacqueline Brown

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Jan 2016 in Women's Health
Question: my breasts dont feel tender and my period is due any day now ... why is this?
Answered by Dr. Jacqueline Brown 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Menstrual symptoms can vary from month to month

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and I hope I can help you today.

Not everyone gets breast tenderness before their period, and the amount of salt intake, caffeine intake, stress and your weight can all affect breast symptoms.

In addition, many women get their period a day or two earlier or later once and a while. Your body and hormones are not a perfect system, so it is possible you may be late a couple days this month, which you will find out in a few days.

So there is nothing to be concerned about of your symptoms are less this month than usual. I would just wait and most likely your period will come like usual regardless of how you feel.

I hope I was able to answer your question and that this information is reassuring. If you need anything further,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes, Dr. Brown

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee