Is brain fog associated with thyroid disease?

Psychiatrist
Question
my daughter age 30 has fatigue brain fog and her ability to do her job is a constant fear . nuerologist has been to many specialists MRI Catscan for heart stress test nutritionist . Her hands are especially cold she has dark circles under her eyes . She has extreme clean healthy diet and has been very involved in yoga but still plagued by fatigue and brain fog . My wife has been on about her thyroid Could you explain the throid and how it is treated for a patent with the symptoms my daughter presents

Is a thyroidoligist as a specialty more equipped to treat a patient with thyroid problems more effectively than an endocrinologist
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Endocrinologist is well equipped to treat thyroid disorders

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Regarding the thyroid disorders and its relation with brain fog, I like to state that there is high chance for both disorders at same time. In other words both of disorders predispose for another disorder.

Regarding treatment both disorder should be treated at same time as per the protocol and patient needs and no specific changes are required in most patients.

Regarding your add on question in my opinion both are well equipped to treat thyroid disorders and I do not think one is superior to another or vise versa.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.