question-icon

Is blood sugar level of 122 a cause for concern?

Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Question: hi, today morning I went for sugar test by 10:00 am and it had come 122 , in the morning I had warm water with honey at 6:30 am then by 9:00am had giner added to the green tea without sugar , so just wanted to know is it a matter of concern or not
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not a concern, repeat fasting blood sugar test

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

You measured your blood sugar randomly after consuming ginger tea at 9am and water honey at 6.30

Your bs is completely within normal range and nothing worrisome.

However, if I was your caring doctor would advise to run fasting blood sugar, once you wake up in the morning for reassurance.

All the best!
Dr.Albana
Dr. Albana Sejdini