Is blood pressure of 182/129 with a pulse of 92 normal?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 10 Dec 2014 in Heart Attack
Question: My blood pressure is 182/129 with a pulse of 92 resting. I went to ER Thursday they said EKG essentially normal with a septal infarct. Im having severe headaches they did ct scan normal. I had low sodium so they gave me iv fluids. Today im a little sob with some wheezing. Im to see my PCP Tuesday. In and out of bed all day. What do i do?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I recommend to go again to ER...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!

I read your query and understood your concerns. From what you are saying it looks like hypertension complicated with wheezing (it may be a sign of hypertensive crisis).

I recommend to go again to ER to treat your BP because hypertensive crisis should be treated at emergency room with antihypertensive and analgesic (pain killers) drugs.

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D