Is bleeding while on birth control pills normal?
Stop taking pills now
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic.
This is not a good sign dear so in my opinion you should stop pills and let the periods commence.
This slight bleeding is suggestive of that the endometrium is not able to support itself and thus taking more pills in succession now will cause very erratic periods.
In my opinion this cannot be pregnancy but still in case you are doubtful or there have been erratic intake of pills then do a pregnancy test on safer side and let me know the reports.
In case you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Dr Manisha Jain
Take double dose
Yes you will get periods in case you stop right now but in case you continue then also this off and on spotting will continue. So from tomorrow take two tablets of the pills you are taking.
Take one tablet in morning and one in evening and continue for 5 days and then stop it so that you will get periods in full flow.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Birth control pill early bleeding
- Bleeding after miscarriage on birth control pill is it normal
- Is pregnancy possible while on birth control pills
- Birth control pill while pregnant
- Bleeding on birth control pill
- Spotting while on birth control pills
- Early periods on birth control pills is it normal
- Taking birth control pills is delay in period normal
- What causes bleeding while on birth control pills
- Intermenstrual bleeding birth control pills