Is bladder incontinence a sign of cauda equina?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
However reading at that description I do not think it to be a cauda equina syndrome. Usually cauda equina has a more severe presentation, there is low back pain radiating in the the lower limbs, there is weakness of the lower limbs. Also the urinary disturbances usually are in the form of retension, not incontinence, reflexes are affected as well.
So I think you can wait for the Wednesday's MRI. Anxiety is a probable contributing factor in my opinion as well (considering also that widespread tingling episodes a couple of weeks ago), at least partially, but considering the bowel and bladder issues the MRI is still advised, X-ray is fine to exclude urgent issues like fractures and dislocations, the MRI will give a more complete picture and definitively exclude other causes of nerve compression.
I remain at your disposal for further questions.
Yes the MRI will certainly give you piece of mind. The possibilities are the ones you mentioned. I believe anxiety to be more probable because of the preceding widespread tingling and also because pinched nerve at your age is unlikely, but as I said it is good you are doing the MRI.
Hopefully it won't reveal anything worrying. Let me know if you have any news/questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pneumonia bladder incontinence
- Bowel and bladder incontinence causes
- What causes bladder incontinence
- What could bladder incontinence in a teenager like me
- Dermatomyositis and bladder incontinence
- Bladder incontinence disability living allowance
- Bladder incontinence surgery
- Bladder incontinence and flu
- Numbness in left hand headache bladder incontinence ms cis
- What could cause bladder incontinence also diagnosed with enlarged prostate
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...