Is blackstrap molasses good for health?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Wed, 2 Jul 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: latley i have heard so much good about Blackstrap Molasses. How this product is so loaded with every kind of nutrients you can imagine. I research just about every website including medical websites as well. I read hundreds of people being interviewed giving their accounts as to how

phenomenal this product is.. But the sad truth is when I try and use it. I always get extremely dizzy and lightheaded to the point where its hard to even stand. Why would that be ?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Molasses is junk food; better to avoid it

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and I hope you do not have diabetes? The molasses is not delicious to any unperverted palate. It has no natural state since Nature never created such a conglomeration of sugar and chemicals. Molasses has no living state in Nature. It is repulsive to our sense of smell, taste and sight. Molasses is not easily digested. As little as one tea-spoonful will result in nausea. These may be the reason for your suffering.
Molasses does not have fatty acids, proteins, and vitamin and therefore it should be levelled as junk food.
The chemicals which are used in the refining process of cane sugar mainly sulphur dioxide which eventually find their way into the waste residue which is the molasses. Therefore, you not only have the harmful effects of the sugar but also of the toxic chemicals which are used in its manufacture.
My suggestion would be avoid it as it is not natural.
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.