Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Is black Motiyabind curable in sugar patients?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
Hi Doctor, Good Evening, I have question about "Black Motiyabind", my father is 60 years old and he has gone through the eye checkup in last week and doctor said that he is having black Motiyabind in both eyes and he is a BP & Sugar patient. My question is : In this case is it possible to 100% cure his eyes like before? Please suggest in details. Regards, XXXX
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is possible to cure black motiyabind. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that your father is having black motiyabind. Black motiyabind means a specific type of cataract in which the naturally existing lens in the eye becomes opaque,black in colour and is called as nuclear cataract. It differs from the regular motiyabind or cataract by the fact that it is hard in nature. It is possible to 100% cure this condition by surgery. The surgery required is cataract extraction with intraocular lens implantation. Since it is hard cataract proper precautions have to be taken during surgery to prevent complications. Hence this cataract needs to be operated by a experienced surgeon to get good vision. However since he his diabetic(sugar) and hypertensive(high BP) patient his final vision depends on the damage caused by diabetes to the eyes. If there is any damage to the eyes in the form of diabetic retinopathy, this requires treatment after surgery for motiyabind or cataract. Hence no need to worry by appropriate surgery and treatment his eyes can be treated to restore good vision. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor