Is birth mark on skin a cause for concern?
Seems like a dysplastic nevus
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have read your question and I have also reviewed the Image.
This looks like a dysplastic nevus. It has different shades of brown (tan to dark brown). I would suggest a dermoscopic examination or a skin biopsy, specially if it is more than 5mm in size and has a raised component in center and specially so if it looks different from the rest of moles/nevi on your body.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Birth marks related to cancer
- Can birth control cause skin tags
- What causes an itchydarksmall and round mark on skin
- Nutritional deficiency that cause white flat marks on skin
- Chest injury raised bump under skin cause of concern
- What causes red marks under skin
- Hemangioma birth marks
- Birth mark on eye ball
- Is dark mark on the head of penis concerning
- Small child skin darkening discolouration no bruising cause of concern