Is beer safe to consume while on Flexeril?
It may cause more CNS symptoms
Flexeril may cause a mild central nervous system (CNS) depression. Other drugs or substances that also cause CNS depression may lead to additive effects.
Although the effect of the interaction cannot be accurately predicted, it is true that combining alcohol with flexeril will cause more CNS depression than each of them individually.
So in conclusion, you're probably safe to drink a couple of beers but keep in mind that the effects of this interaction cannot be predicted on an individual basis.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Panagiotis Zografakis, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to take goody powder with flexeril
- Is flexeril a narcotic
- Will it be safe to take flexeril while in flovent
- Is it safe to take flexeril and metoprolol
- Is flexeril safe to take with meth
- Flexeril cervicalgia
- Flexeril and dimethylamlamine
- High on flexeril
- Flexeril and cigarettes
- When is it safe to take a flexeril while on meth