question-icon

Is beer safe to consume while on Flexeril?

Posted on Tue, 10 Nov 2020
Question: Would it be ok for me to socially drink two beers total with friends tonight after taking flexeril 12 hours ago?
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

It may cause more CNS symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Flexeril may cause a mild central nervous system (CNS) depression. Other drugs or substances that also cause CNS depression may lead to additive effects.

Although the effect of the interaction cannot be accurately predicted, it is true that combining alcohol with flexeril will cause more CNS depression than each of them individually.

So in conclusion, you're probably safe to drink a couple of beers but keep in mind that the effects of this interaction cannot be predicted on an individual basis.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Panagiotis Zografakis, Internal Medicine Specialist
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis