Is an ultrasound report showing normal heart rate but slow fetal growth a cause for worry?
My wife is pregnant. Her last Period was 16.12.2017. We had done Ultrasound today. Heart rate is normal but growth of baby is slow. Wanted to know what are chances 1) whether she will be able to deliver baby
2) whether there will be miscarriage.
Moreover her weight is 106 kgs. Age is 28 years. Her Blood pressure was 140/90 on 26.01.2018. on 05.02.2018 my younger brother passed away due to which whole family is very stressed.
Is there any precautions/medications to help growth of the baby.
Copy of Ultrasound report is attached for your reference.
This is a normal pregnancy.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached report. The fetal age is 6 weeks 2 days. The baby is growing well. The cardiac activity is normal.
The two weeks discrepancy can be due to delay in conception. This is likely to be a normal pregnancy. No need to worry.
The high blood pressure needs regular monitoring and treatment.
Do consult a gynecologist for regular check up and necessary prescription medicines.
I hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are my ultrasound reports normal
- Pregnant ultrasound shows fetal renal pelvis noted bilaterally normal child
- Pregnant ultrasound shows shadow in babys heart worried
- Pregnant ultrasound done fetal presentation breach is report normal
- Ultrasound shows yolk sac fetus no visible heart rate miscarriage
- Ultrasound shows early gestation fetal pole not visualized normal
- Pregnancy ultrasound showing no fetal heartbeat black vaginal discharge worried
- Fetal heart abnormalities ultrasound
- Fetal heart ultrasound
- Freckle in the heart fetal ultrasound