Is an infant sleeping sideways a cause for concern?

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
My 4.5 old baby boy prefers to sleep sideway instead of sleeping flat. We cant make him sleep in flat position. Once he is sideway he falls asleep.
This is happening since 1 months.

Please tell me is a correct sleeping posture or is it going to create complicity in future?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Let me assure you that there is nothing abnormal in sleeping sideways. It can be that sleeping flat on the back has certain additional advantages but such strict sleeping posture in a 4.5-year-old cannot be expected. There is nothing called correct or incorrect sleeping posture. You need not worry and it would not create any complications in the future.

No need to worry.