Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Is an enlarged right atrium the only thing I need watch with isolated tricuspid regurgitation?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6486 Questions
Is an enlarged right artruim the only thing I need to watch with isolated tricuspid regurgitation ?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Right atrium is not the only part involved in TR. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX I presume that detailed workup has been already done. You didn't mentioned that TR(tricuspid regurgitation)is due to tricuspid valve involvement or due to problem in right ventricle.It may also be due to left side valve or ventricle problem.Cause of TR should be confirmed. Besides dilatation of right atrium,it also causes right sided failure and can result into hepatic congestion,edema,ascitis and even cirrhosis in chronic volume overload. It can also cause pulmonary hypertension in chronic cases. So,you should have regular checkup by cardiologist and if there is any problem,it should be treated immediately. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiac Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor